Sunday 27 November 2011

Regarding Hobbits

This blogging thing is harder than it looks. It has taken 20 minutes to figure out how to get rid of the birds on the background, and I think they are gone now. But if not, God love 'em, they're here to stay. I have no clue where or how to start, so I'm 'launching myself in there' as MacBoyfriend would say.

It's obvious to many, but important to note, Thanksgiving has just passed. A pause for praise...well done to America. It's not possible to do any better than creating a holiday where people are thankful and feel blessed, there's no business of presents, AND the whole point is to eat delicious food all day long. Well. Done.

In light of this and some recent events (of which most of you are probably aware....let's face it, if you are reading this, you probably know me) I am setting myself up to Thanks-give every day for a year. Hopefully there will be a few laughs along the way and maybe even a recipe or two. It could really become anything, and please let me know if you have any requests. Bear with me as I attempt to figure out how to get rid of the birds and navigate the rest of the blogging world.

My thanks today is for the sun. My first impressions of Australia was that: a) it's always sunny and b) everyone goes to the beach everyday. The past week has proven me seriously wrong. Apparently it rains for a week on end, causing flooding on major roads, which can't be good for the poor little 1991 Toyota Seca I'm driving. So, I leave you with this. A picture from our balcony....except I can't figure out how to get the picture in there....

5 comments:

  1. This is almost as good as going to church. Keep it positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a good idea for an assortment of reasons, some of which you already know.

    I also think it's a great lense to get a little slice of what you are experiencing down under as it happens. It's way too tedious to give details when we talk, but this could be most satisfying. You can picture us, but that doesn't work both way. I like learning about the nuances of culture and language.Besides, you write well. Interesting stuff for me to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took an hour for us to figure how to make this work on my computer. Of course, Dad had NOOOOO problems. Mine actually works differently somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang Baldi...just keep the "home of the brave" off the background...

    ReplyDelete